With the legalization of CBD in many states, edibles have taken on a second meaning. These days you can bake treats that won’t get you high, but can still give you the relaxation symptoms and pain relief you seek. Some studies even show it can be beneficial to helping you sleep. A tasty brownie that helps you relax and sleep? Don’t mind if we do!
How to Bake With CBD
The first step you’ll need to do is infuse the oil into a fatty base such as oil or butter. The easiest way to do this is to buy a full spectrum CBD oil with a coconut oil base. How much you use will depend on your recipe and desired dosage per treat.
Alternatively, you can infuse CBD into butter using an isolate. This is best if you have any questions about the potential side effects of full-spectrum CBD or are worried about it showing up on a drug test. If you’re really feeling creative, you can create your own CBD infused butter like this.
Helpful CBD Baking Tips
- Watch your baking temperature: The terpenes in cannabis are quite volatile and burn off at low temperatures. Bake at no higher than 340 degrees.
- Full-spectrum CBD provides the most benefits and make sure they are pesticide-free.
- Start off with something your used to baking
- Start with a small dosage and work your way up
- It is advised to store your CBD infused ingredients in a cool dark place. The same goes for your CBD treat leftovers.
Overall, it’s pretty easy to bake with CBD and it’s extremely beneficial. You can reduce anxiety and stress easily, relieve pain and even fall asleep easier. Edibles are also popular because of their long lasting effects. Now that you have the basics down, it’s time to start searching some recipes!